Heart and Lung Services
The Cardiopulmonary Department at Scott Memorial Hospital offers advanced treatment options. Staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our experienced respiratory therapists are specially trained to assess and treat patients.
We perform many lifesaving tests including:
- TransEsophageal Tests (TEES) to look for blood clots, masses, and tumors in the heart
- Echocardiograms to monitor heart function
- Sleep Studies to test for sleep disorders such as Sleep Apnea
- Pulmonary Function Tests (PFTs) to monitor lung activity
- Cardiac Stress Tests to monitor the hearts responses to stress
- Electrocardiograms (EKG) to evaluate the hearts electrical activity
- Holter Monitoring to evaluate the hearts activity
- Extended (30-day) Cardiac Event Monitoring
- Electroencephalograms (EEG) tests for seizures and epilepsy
- New digital equipment & Patient educational services
For more information about services, and educational opportunities, please call 752-3456.