Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Workplace Workouts: Easy Ways to Make Your Day More Active
From commuting to work and spending hours sitting behind a computer to watching TV or surfing the internet, there’s no doubt that we simply sit too much. The good news is that there are some easy ways to combat the sedentary lifestyle that can lead to a greater risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and other conditions, and make your day more active:
- Stand up to take phone calls.
- Hold standing meetings.
- Hold walking meetings.
- Set a timer to remind you to stand up and stretch or take a walk every hour.
- Take a 30-minute walk during your lunch hour.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Park a little farther away from the front door.
- Consider walking or biking to work, if feasible.